What is Canada open work permit? Canada OWP application steps
Canada open work permit hong kong (OWP Canada), an OWP visa set up by the Canadian government for Hong Kong people. On February 6, 2023, the Minister of Immigration of Canada extended the Canada OWP application time and eased the open working permit application requirements.
At present, the requirements of Canada work permit hong kong application are: anyone who holds a Hong Kong passport or BNO only needs to obtain a recognized two-year diploma, academic, master’s or doctoral degree from a university within 10 years can apply the Canada OWP hong kong.
Hong Kong people with open working permit Canada are allowed to work in Canada with legal temporary residence status. As long as they have worked for more than one year, they can apply for permanent residence (PR).
Canada OWP deadline is extended to February 7, 2025, and the validity period of OWP visa is 3 years.
Canada OWP application steps：
If you want to apply Canada hong kong open work permit，you need:
- Holding valid HKSAR passport and BNO passport；
- Meeting the requirements of diploma and have obtained one of the following qualifications in the past 10 years；
-Obtaining a degree certificate issued by an equivalent post-secondary education institution in Canada or abroad, such as an associate’s degree, a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree or a doctor’s degree;
-At least 2-year post-secondary diploma
-At least 1-year postgraduate diploma (studying at a Canadian designated learning institution or foreign institution)
- Meeting language requirements。
Canada open work permit hong kong processing time is about 3 months.Please apply for Canada OWP hong kong within Canada OWP deadline to avoid missing the Canada open work permit deadline.
- Hong Kong Pathway Stream B Latest news
I think you want to know the application process of OWP Canada hong kong, and the open work permit Canada hong kong deadline is to use open work permit hong kong to apply for Canada PR.
In 2021, the Department of Canada Immigration launched the “Hong Kong Pathway” for eligible Hong Kong residents, including the Canada open work permit hong kong, which added two ways for Hong Kong residents to immigrate to Canada. The program is divided into Stream A and Stream B.
Stream A: Academic immigration. Eligible Hong Kong people can apply for permanent residency (PR) within 3 years after graduation from college in Canada.
Stream B：Employment Immigration.Within five years after graduation, Hong Kong residents who have obtained an internationally recognized degree and meet the language and educational standards can work in Canada as OWP for one year before applying for permanent residence (PR), and can live in Canada together with their spouse, cohabiting partner and their children.
You can only choose between Stream A and Stream B. Stream A is only for Canadian higher education graduates (In-Canada graduates). If you do not study in Canada and want to apply for PR in Canada at present, Canada hong kong open work permit Stream B will be more suitable for you.
Now, the Canadian government announced to extend the open work permit Canada hong kong deadline until February 7, 2025. Hong Kong Pathway program deadline is August 31, 2026.If you intend to follow Stream B and apply for PR through open working permit Canada, you must reserve enough time to complete the work experience requirements.
In the following, UK University will sort out the Canada Stream B requirements for you, including Canada open work permit hong kong processing time.
- Hong Kong Pathway Stream B application requirements：
- Applicable to: Hong Kong people with more than one year’s work experience in Canada
- Can apply Permanent Residence(PR)
- Canada Stream B application requirement：
① Holding Hong Kong SAR passport or British national passport (BNO)
② When applying for and obtaining the right of permanent residence, you must be in Canada in person
③ Have a valid temporary residence visa in Canada
④ Within the first 3 years of submitting the application, you must work full-time in Canada for at least 1 year, or part-time for the same amount of time (i.e. at least 1560 hours)
⑤ The applicant’s spouse and unmarried children under the age of 22 can immigrate together
- HK pathway Canada Stream B educational requirements：
① Graduated from a designated post-secondary education institution in Canada within the first five years of submitting the application
② One of the following educational requirements shall be met：
- Diploma: Diploma with more than 2 years of schooling
- More than 1 year of postgraduate courses
- Associate, bachelor, master or doctor degree
- Language requirements: English or French language ability (listening, speaking, reading and writing) reaches Level 5 (language test scores are required)
- Application fee: C $1050 (about HK $6300)
- Stream B Canada deadline: to August 31, 2026
It can be seen that in order to apply for OWP Canada and meet the requirements of HK pathway Canada Stream B,applicants need to meet the educational requirements. If you have graduated for more than five years, the quickest way is to take a one-year MBA course, which meets the requirements of Canada immigration Stream B, and obtain a graduate degree diploma.
The application sequence of Canada immigration Stream B is as follows：Study degree or get two-year diploma——Apply for WES approval——Apply for Stream B Canada.
- How to get the Canada Stream B top up degree？
If you have graduated for more than five years and want to immigrate to Canada through Stream B, the most efficient way is to study a one-year course in a famous British school to help you fulfill the educational requirements of Stream B and Canada hong kong pathway open work permit before applying for Canada PR in 2026. The qualification is Level 4+5.
UK university helps you successfully apply for a two-year diploma, academic, master’s or doctoral degree program from an internationally recognized university. Only distance online learning courses are required, and the qualifications obtained are officially recognized by Canada Hong Kong pathway Stream B.
- You can study and immigrate to Canada within 100,000 HKD of tuition
- After taking courses in British universities, the top up degree has successfully passed the WES review, meeting the requirements of Stream B for academic qualifications.
- The school is located in the UK. They will use the * RPL * System, which will provide course exemption for our students. At this stage, you need to provide * work experience and other academic certificates*.
- When the course execution is obtained, most students only need to submit one essay (Business/IT/Cyber Security/Law/Accounting and Finance), which greatly reduces the time of studying.It will help you complete your application before Canada open work permit deadline.
- After the students provide the passport, the courses will begin immediately. After completing the thesis, the college will send E-Certs within 2-3 weeks and get the original within 2 months.
- The World Education Service (WES) will process the certification of the qualifications.Just need the name of the school and the course to show whether ECA also certifies the course.
- UK University Online Course Introduction：
The online courses offered by UK University meet the requirements of WES and can be used as the basic conditions for applying for open work permit Canada and Stream B.We have a large number of successful cases to prove that it can help you to get Canada hong kong pathway open work permit and through Stream B to immigrant Canada.
We are an educational institution so we can provide online courses for immigrants; We are not an immigration company, but can refer to find a job and apply for PR.
The courses meet the requirements of Stream B and OWP Canada hong kong.You can graduate within one year at the earliest.
100% will be assessed by homework, no exams. The certificate is issued by the British University and can attend the local graduation ceremony. Taking online courses is suitable for both working and part-time students. Those who have three years of relevant work experience can apply for admission and apply for exemption from some disciplines to speed up the process of completing Canada’s immigration.
Optional British universities：
- University of Dundee
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Northampton
- Buckinghamshire New University
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
MBA, BBA LLM, MSc BSc Accounting and Finance, BSc Cyber Security and Networking, BSc IT …
UK University has many years of professional experience in curriculum immigration guidance. The counselor will recommend suitable courses according to your requirements, and provide you with one-stop university registration services to help you solve the application problems related to application forms, letters of recommendation, English resumes, etc.
With only one year of online learning, you can improve your academic qualifications and obtain a graduate diploma from a famous British school. This diploma is officially recognized by Canada. With this diploma, you can apply for Canada work permit hong kong(OWP visa). Taking one year to complete the course is the “stepping stone” for you to apply for stream B .
If you want to apply for Canada OWP hong kong, UK University can help you. We will provide you with short-term high-quality MBA courses, so that you can obtain an internationally recognized master’s degree,successfully get OWP Canada hong kong and immigrate before Stream B deadline . Numerous successful cases are your confidence guarantee.
What programs can you apply?
Master of Business Administration
MBA programs are offered by traditional British universities, and are especially designed for students seeking careers in business and are endorsed by businesses and governments.Learn More
Master of Laws
The LLM is a great way to expand your career prospects, increase your income potential, and prepare to start a new and exciting career in your chosen field.Learn More
A master's degree can improve one's competitiveness in the workplace, cultivate the ability to be competent in various professional jobs, and combine theory with practice.Learn More
Universities offering online courses are well regarded and recognized by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, and their quality and acceptance are guaranteed.Learn More